Join us to Shape the Future of Cloud Governance
Manager, Partnerships & Alliances
Are you looking for a career to demonstrate your channel, partnering, and execution skills in driving one of the fastest growing businesses, enabling midmarket and enterprise customers to harness the power of cloud?
Then consider this opportunity to join CoreStack – a leader in multi-cloud compliance and governance, providing continuous and autonomous cloud governance at scale. Built on cloud-native services, unique IP, and AI/ML capabilities, company provides customers notable outcomes with optimized cloud costs, improved operational efficiencies, and comprehensive compliance with industry standards and regulations.
CoreStack is successfully deployed with companies across multiple industries such as Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Education, Technology, and Government. CoreStack is backed by industry-leading advisors, stellar leadership team, and creative investors. Gartner recognized CoreStack in the 2020 Cloud Computing Platforms Magic Quadrant and named a Cool Vendor 2019 in Cloud Computing. CoreStack closed on $8.5 million in Series A financing in October 2020.
CoreStack’s Partnerships and Alliances team defines, drives, and executes both build-with and sell-with strategies to win customers and grow revenue with partners such as Amazon, Microsoft, Google, and MSPs. This requires teaming with partners to drive new service offers, co-develop GTM motions, and co-sell services to end customers. Team also evangelizes these successes broadly within partners and to the market for maximum impact and effectiveness.
- Build winning partner and sales strategy; own all channel and end-to-end sell-with motions with partners to maximize business potential.
- Develop and execute partner account plans, which will include measurable objectives, specific implementation milestones, and execution details to achieve high impact business results.
- Position CoreStack solutions that show differentiation; build partner readiness; co-develop and execute partner programs, resulting in business growth from winning customers.
- Manage sales opportunities including pipeline, forecasting, customer wins, and revenue.
- Leverage partner ecosystem and collaborate with direct sales team to help augment opportunities for business impact.
- Amplify CoreStack solution “brand” to partner executives and sellers for ongoing awareness and larger mindshare.
- Communicate with peers and management on partner plans, key developments, and learning; act as an internal champion within CoreStack on behalf of their managed partners.
- Effectively manage partner business reviews with respective leaderships, Partners and CoreStack.
- 5+ years of experience in indirect sales and partner channel management roles, preferably engaging with cloud and managed service providers. Broad knowledge of cloud markets (primarily IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS) segments also highly desirable.
- Deep understanding of key partners (Amazon and Google) sales segments, verticals, and ecosystem to maximize channel opportunities.
- Experience with developing and executing across all aspects of a partner-led business, including channel programs. Excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, allowing to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization, both internally and externally.
- Experience closing complex sales and securing executive sponsorship with minimal management involvement.
- Highly motivated, project-oriented self-starter with the ability to transform challenging business requirements into tangible action plans.
- Minimum of B.S. Degree in computer science, business, or equivalent.
- Travel Required: 20%
The Perks & Benefits
Competitive benefit package with appreciable equity
Health insurance and other company benefits
Exciting, fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture
CoreStack is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. CoreStack does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.