Join us to Shape the Future of Cloud Governance
Big Data Administrator
CoreStack, an AI-powered multi-cloud governance solution, empowers enterprises to rapidly achieve Continuous and Autonomous Cloud Governance at Scale. CoreStack enables enterprises to realize outcomes such as 40% decrease in cloud costs and 50% increase in operational efficiencies by governing operations, security, cost, access, and resources. CoreStack also assures 100% compliance with standards such as ISO, FedRAMP, NIST, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, AWS CIS & Well Architected Framework (WAF). We work with many large global customers across multiple industries including Financial Services, Healthcare, Retail, Education, Telecommunications, Technology and Government.
CoreStack closed a $8.5 million Series A financing recently. CoreStack was recognized as IDC Innovator in Cloud Management Solutions and in the Gartner Magic quadrant for Cloud Management Platforms in 2020. Earlier in 2019, Gartner named CoreStack as a Cool Vendor in Cloud Computing. CoreStack is a Microsoft Azure Gold & Co-Sell Partner and Amazon AWS Advanced Technology Partner.
You will be part of a high impact engineering team that builds the NextGen Product suite involving Cloud, Container and Serverless technologies. The job position involves constant learning and innovation by utilizing the latest technology trends such as artificial intelligence, analytics and machine learning.
- Responsible for Design, Implementation and On-going Support of Big Data Platforms (Hadoop, Hbase, HIVE, Spark).
Administration and periodic maintenace of multiple big data clusters set-up in AWS/Azure cloud environments.
- Own the platform architecture and the reliability, availability, scalability, operations automation and infrastructure optimization.
- Mentor Hadoop engineers and administrators, help with troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Meet performance and SLA requirements of the Hadoop clusters
- Design metrics and monitor real-time performance of clusters, capacity planning, performance tuning
- Evaluate and recommend tools, modelling, configurations etc. for continuous improvement
- Respond to outages during business and after-hours. Participates in 24×7 on-call rotation process
- Develop scripts and tools to automate common Hadoop administration tasks
- Develop and maintain operational best practices for smooth operation of large Hadoop clusters
- 3+ Years of experience in deploying and administering secure, multi-tenant Hadoop clusters
- Expertise with YARN, Spark, Kafka, Storm, Zookeeper, Hive, Hbase
Understanding of YARN and Spark, Kerberos and Sentry
- Sound understanding in Hadoop ecosystem components like HDFS, map-reduce, Spark, Oozie , Zookeeper and Ambari/Cloudera manager
- Experience in optimization, capacity planning & architecture of a large multi-tenant cluster
- Experience with AWS, Azure cloud environments, setting up secure virtual netwroks, LB, auto-scaling etc.
- Expertise with one or more of the following languages: Python, Scala, Java, Ruby and in Shell scripting
- Experience with multiple open source tool sets in the Big Data space
- Experience in tool Integration, automation, configuration management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving skills
- Chennai, India
The Perks & Benefits
Competitive benefits with appreciable equity
Health insurance and other company benefits
Exciting, fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture
CoreStack is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. CoreStack does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.